Russ

Questions for Interview with CnC Devs

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been offered the chance to have an interview with the CnC devs. I want to ask them all about how we can build an amazing modding community around their game-changing project.

If you have some questions for the devs, please post them here. I will try to answer all of them, and I'll write up the replies.

I'm not sure when the interview will take place, probably sometime next month.

Cheers,

Russ

What's their biggest aim during the next 5 years and what's been their biggest challenge so far in development 

What would be there position be for modders being able to make maps, etc for there game somewhat how Giant lets us currently do things.  If they are open to let modders create will they provide or be able to direct us to what resources will be needed to make maps, etc similar to how Giant gave us there editor program to use.

I could go on but this is my biggest question I can think of otherwise everything I have been able to find so far looks very promising for the games bright future

I'm wanting to know what there texture system is like, is it the same as Farming Simulator 17?  Or is it more like the FS 13 texture system? 

Also i'm wanting to know in wich way the want to accept models, i'm making my models in Ac3d and am I able to get them to C&C then? 

Last but not least, I really like the progress they have already made.

I have two questions:

1.  How open are the scripts going to be. Are they going to show nothing, all of them or just some of them like in FS, making you guess to fill in the blanks?

2.  Are they going to eventually produce materials to make modding easier?   I know this may not be a priority at first, as they are trying to just get the game out, but I think this is a big part of why Giants became so big. I originally got started modding by watching Giants video tutorials, and am curious about CnC plans for the future here. 

What is the standard map size. Will different map sizes be supported through modding?

1. What is their take on directional planting/harvesting?

If they are looking to implement something like this, how detailed will be? Only visual (not just ground lines like in FS, but crops growing in that direction as well?), or will it have an impact on harvesting as well (e.g. for potatoes, if not driving in the correct direction, picking up less of the crop and destroying some)?

2. How detailed will soil management be? Only fertilization / plowing like FS, or more (irrigation, PH, etc.)?

3. How will mod distribution be dealt with? Will there be a developer-managed website, with possible integration in the game (FS17 like), or are there plans for a Steam release, and thus Steam workshop integration?

I have many more questions, but I'll keep it short for now. Have fun on the interview Russ.